Mapy regionu Fotogaleria Deutsch English Wersja polska
Fotogaleria Brusy Brusy
< Powrót do strony głównej • 13 listopada 2018r.
Tour guide Napisz do nas!
powrót

Leśno
First note about Lesno village comes from 1354 from giving knight�s villages to Ditrich by Great Master of Germans Order - Winrych von Kniprode. In land granting document is listed village called Leiste and the lake Lubawo. In 1438 village became property of Komtur Tucholsky and in 1466 became a king�s village Lesno situated on the border of Starostwo Tucholsky (local authority). Coming from XVII century church under the name of Holy Cross Raising (Podwyzszenia Krzyza Swietego) in Lesno is the best kept and most original wood church from all the Kashubian churches. First information about church and parish comes from 1534 � mentioned in bishop of Breslau (Wroclaw) inventory. Then it was church of the St. Katarina. After reformation church lost it�s parish and became branch of a Brusy�s church � probably at the end of XVI century. First description of church comes from writing up of bishop Heronim Rozrazewski visit (1583 � 1584). This church with this description survived till a fire in 1634. New church was build from 1634 to 1687 (year of visit next of bishop). Jerzy Schwergel Kartuzy�s prior in his work �Ad Historiam Ecclesiasticam Pomeraniae� dd. 1749 says that change of church�s name in Lesno was done in 1642, and according to Parish Chronicle � queen Maria Ludwika Gonzaga founded new, XVII century church. Stating that it was royal foundation can come from a fact that the church was from the beginning was under royal patronage (royal village). According to XIX century habits or rather laws � royal sponsored in 2/3 all costs of building new churches (being under royal patronage) and 1/3 was the local parish costs. There are no materials about building � except� from 1687 year visit-documents that over the presbytery and aisle was board-vault and roof was covered by shingle. At that times church was surrounded by cemetery with bell tower and Charnel morgue. In 1687 church�s condition was very good � it was build forty years before. More precisely description of church comes from documentations from visit of bishop Szaniawski dd. 1710 year. Wood church under the name of Holy Cross Raising in Lesno was build around 1642 year and later very much re-build after 1710 year. At the beginning of XIX century from west side was build a tower and in XX century west vestibule (in German� kruft�). Church with today�s architectonic look is a result of composition from few building phases and it is now rare and special wood sacral architecture in Kashuby. What is most recognisable � this is a tower. The tower narrows to the top and have ice-apron (which is more characteristic to west Poland) and also pointed final. Entire tower is cover by shingle. Other characteristic point in church is a result of late re-build � a triple frame. Multi-nave architecture in small village churches, not only made of wood is not frequent. In wood churches from this region this is the only one � opposite to south Poland. Main entrance is on the north wall and because of that is also big departure from the rule (it is habit to put doors on north and west walls). This solution also makes exception according inside of church. In XX century inside of presbytery, nave and column under chorus was cleaned from XX century oil paintings. Now it shows glamour with colours and surface of wood. At present-days valuable church fitments were conserved. Worth of attention is baroque is Crucify Group and altars from XVII century. There are saved also organs from beginning of XVIII c. and side � altar with presbytery from middle XVIII c. Church from Lesno is very value and important sacral wooden monument because of its not typical archi8tecture and saved till today church fitments. Church in Lesno is a proof that those who funded last three re-builds were trying to reach original form with influence from different environments. In 1975 altars, pulpit organs and chorus were conserved. Last repairs were done in years 1993-1994, with changing all shingle timbering from roof and tower�s walls.

see on a map


cms Brusy - Strona Główna Napisz do nas!